The Admissions Process
August 2014 update: We now accept applications for September 2015 entry.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS & APPLICATION FEE
To apply, please submit the following (we accept applications for up to 12 months before the desired entry date):
1. Completed and signed application forms (Parts I and II and two years of school reports) for each child*
2. A non-refundable application fee of £200 for each child (Sterling cheques should be made payable to ‘Cognita Schools Limited’)1. Reference from teacher or school head (a reference written on any other form than ours is not acceptable)
3. Parent statement
4. Student essays (for students aged 7 years and above)/ Student drawing (for students aged under 7)
5. Any other relevant documents (e.g. two full years’ school reports plus current year’s reports as available, educational assessment or specialist reports)
• You may apply to both Primary campuses, indicating a preference if you have one (see application Part I).
• Applications will be accepted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The application fee may be paid by either bank transfer or in cash. Please contact the Admissions Office for details.
• If an applicant’s age or school system precludes having two years’ of reports, please consult the Admissions Office. Parents may submit their copies of reports.
APPLICATION REVIEW & PLACE OFFER
Once the documents have been submitted, and the application fee has been received, the Admissions Committee will review the application file. After the review, applicants will be contacted and notified of the outcome , and successful candidates will be offered a place if there is a suitable place available; where there is no place available, the applicant will be put on the waiting list and contacted if/when a place becomes available.
Please note that the Committee may request more information from you or the previous school.
CONFIRMATION OF PLACES
When a place is offered, the tuition deposit of £2,000, the first installemnt of the capital development fee, the annual PTA fee, and a term’s fees must be paid within 7 days. (Please refer to the Financial Conditions for details on eligibility for refund of deposits and/or fees.) If the deposit and term’s fees are not received within 7 days, the place will be offered to other applicants.After the deposit / fees have been paid, you will be sent a confirmation of receipt by email.