The Admissions Process
THE FIRST STEP
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Completed and signed application forms (Parts I and II and two years of school reports) for each child*
2. A non-refundable registration fee of £200 for each child (Sterling cheques should be made payable to ‘Cognita Schools Limited’)
* If applying for future years, Early Childhood applications need only include Part I and the registration fee. The remaining documents will be requested during the autumn prior to the proposed year of entry.
THE SECOND STEP (ONLY FOR ADMISSION DURING THE CURRENT OR NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR)
Please send the following documents within two weeks of submitting Part I of the application form. If they are not received within two weeks, priority will be given to other applicants:
1. Reference from teacher or school head (a reference written on any other form than ours is not acceptable)
2. Parent statement
3. Student essays (for students aged 7 years and above)/ Student drawing (for students aged under 7)
4. Any other relevant documents (e.g. two full years’ school reports plus current year’s reports as available, educational assessment or specialist reports)
• You may apply to more than one campus, indicating a preference if you have one (see application Part I).
• Applications will be accepted by fax provided the registration fee is received within one week.
• If necessary, fees may be paid by bank transfer. Please contact the Admissions Office for details.
• If an applicant’s age or school system precludes having two years’ of reports, please consult the Admissions Office. Parents may submit their copies of reports.
THE THIRD STEP (ONLY FOR ADMISSION DURING THE CURRENT OR NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR)
Once the documents have been submitted, and space has arisen in the relevant Grade, the Admissions Committee will review the application file. After the review, successful applicants will be contacted. (The Committee may request more information from you or the previous school.)
THE FOURTH STEP (ONLY FOR ADMISSION DURING THE CURRENT OR NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR)
When a place is offered, the tuition deposit of £2000 and a term’s fees must be paid within 7 days. (Please refer to the Financial Conditions for details on eligibility for refund of deposits and/or fees.) If the deposit and term’s fees are not received within 7 days, priority will be given to other applicants.
• For applicants for the next academic year, availability of places may be subject to the outcome of the School’s re-registration process which is completed at the end of the second term, usually in early April.
• After the deposit / fees have been paid, you will be sent a confirmation of receipt by email.