Hampstead (3-11 years)
Primary Years Programme
Our Hampstead campus is a purpose-built school located in one of London’s leafiest suburbs and attended by approximately 220 students.
Students follow the International Baccalaureate Primary Year Programme, before transferring to our Westminster campus at age 11, where they begin to study the IB Middle Years Programme.
Where is the campus located?
Our Hampstead campus is located on Netherhall Gardens in Hampstead, which is extremely convenient for public and private transport and nearby Hampstead Heath, one of London’s largest open spaces.
What languages are studied at the Hampstead campus?
English is the language of instruction, with Spanish as the school’s second language. This is taught from the age of five (kindergarten) upwards. English as an additional language (EAL) lessons are also offered from kindergarten upwards to children with little or no English.
Who is in charge of the Hampstead campus?
Our Senior Leadership team for the Hampstead campus is:
Shirley Harwood – Principal
Stuart Bain – Deputy Principal
Flora Winter – Primary Years Programme Coordinator
Who teaches at the Hampstead campus?
As the leading International Baccalaureate school in London, all Southbank schools attract very well-qualified teachers who encourage a global perspective.
What facilities and resources are available on the campus?
- An IT lab featuring high-performance Mac computers.
- All classrooms include a digital screen and Apple TV.
- A music room with a range of percussion instruments and performance space.
- Two sound-proofed rooms for music practice.
- A bespoke art room with a wide range of materials for hands-on creativity .
- A multi-purpose hall for lunches, sport, school ‘town meetings’ and concerts.
- A vibrant, well-stocked library, which is regularly attended by students to develop literacy and research skills.
- Individual access to iPads to support student learning.
- An edible courtyard that offers a quiet space for vegetable and flower growing, as well as birdhouses and a bug hotel.
- Early Childhood students (aged 3 to 5) have access to a dedicated play space featuring a climbing frame and sandpit.
- A dedicated sports centre, which is a 15-minute bus ride away. The centre features a large sports hall, climbing wall and dance studio.
- Apple Distinguished School with a 1:1 iPad programme.
What is the admission policy for the Hampstead campus?
Admission is based on previous school performance, reports and good references, as well as compatibility with the Primary Years Programme. Visit our Admissions section for more information.
Apple Distinguished School status
Our Hampstead campus has been given Apple Distinguished School status by Apple. This means it’s an exemplary learning environment that meets criteria for innovation, leadership and educational excellence through the use of Apple hardware, apps and content.